At their E3 2010 conference today, along with Kinect Microsoft also revealed a new XBox 360 Slim redesign dubbed XBox 360 S with a propietary 250GB HDD and built-in 802.11n WiFi for $299.99.
This new Xbox 360 Slim Black Edition is 10 to 20 percent smaller than a regular Xbox 360, incapable of RRODing according to JoyStiq and confirms the leaked Italian advertisement in the video below.
It's also equipped with a smaller power supply, a dedicated connector for Microsoft's upcoming Kinect motion control system, and five USB ports.
Currently the XBox 360 Slim is available for pre-order from Play.com with the console hitting retailers in North America today.
XBox 360 Slim details include the following, with teardown pics available HERE:
- Smaller And Quieter
- Integrated CPU/GPU based on 45 nm fabrication process
- Internal 250GB HDD, will be changeable, but not compatible with previous 360 models
- 5 USB Ports
- Custom Kinect Port
- Finally integrated WiFi and N standard too
- TOSLINK S/PDIF optical audio connector
- Memory Unit Slots removed in favour of Thumb Drives
- Touch Sensitive eject and power buttons
XBox 360 Slim release dates:
North America - 14th June 2010 - $299.99
Australia - 1st July 2010 - $449.00
New Zealand - 8th July 2010 - $499.00
EU - 16th July 2010 - £199.99
Those interested can check out the XBox 360 Slim 250GB HDD reveal by Microsoft at E3 2010 below!
More PlayStation 3 News...