Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Video: C4E Hacked New XBox 360 Slim to Run Game Back-ups!

This weekend C4E has announced that the new Xbox 360 250GB Model (some call it 360 S or 360 Slim) is has been hacked, the DVD Rom has been patched and it can now run video game back-ups.

Microsoft first unveiled the XBox 360 Slim and 250GB HDD at E3 2010.

From c4eva via IRC: 9504TEST - Hello world Slim! [ Commence utter chaos in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... GO ]

Below is a Team Jungle proof-of-concept video courtesy of xdemovideos via YouTube of the XBox 360 Slim drive hack in action, and a PlayStation One emulator WIP for XBox 360 dubbed FreePSX.

To quote: "Proof of concept video showing the new XBox 360 250 GB (aka S / Slim) booting backups.

Don't blame me for the music C4E chose it ;)"

More PlayStation 3 News...

Very cool news indeed for those with a newer XBox 360 console, and +Rep for sharing the news zeromx!

Question

how do you know there wasn't already a disk in there?

Quote Originally Posted by victor307664 View Post
    how do you know there wasn't already a disk in there?
    C4E is the guy who's created custom firmware for the xbox 360's since the drive has been hacked. So i don't think he'd put fake info.

Thumbs Up

this is nice, my brother was thinking about getting a smaller xbox before.

this video shows nothing, sure it shows him turning off "a" xbox being shut off, for all we know there could be another behind the camera, show HARD PROOF before showing a POC that shows nothing.

Considering it's on their homepage and Team Jungle's Twitter, plus backed by C4E, I find it hard to believe it's fake. No technical information yet, so time will tell.

Cool

Just bought a little Xbox ... this is so nice for my wallet LOL...

Easter egg in movie: When you pay close attention to the TV... on the left corner is still the protectionfoil.... normal people rip this off when you get a new TV xD

@victor and f3... (your name sucks):

C4e is for xbox360 like DarkAlex for the PSP and demonhades for the ps3. they are people who are be 150% serious.
    if you want to push your posts, then search for other threads where you can make sensless posts.

a programmer who works now more then 3years for the xbox360 scene release a hack and you want more proof.... input google.com in your browser and read about the scene before you blame someone for being a faker....

i hate those noob -.-

I also added the video to the first post of the WIP PSOne emulator called FreePSX for XBox 360.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last