Site News: PS3 News is Now Seeking Some Forum Moderators
With the recent increase in activity in the PlayStation 3 scene we would like to bring on some new Forum Moderators here at PS3News.com.
Your responsibilities would include the following:
- Log in near daily (not just visit)... every few days at most, as we'd expect you to be a PS3 fanatic like us!
- Make at least (1) post a week answering someone's question or helping around the boards.
- Lock any threads posted in the wrong Forum section directing them to repost in the proper one.
- Lock any new (duplicate) threads started on existing topics, for example we have an ongoing thread for Rogero CFW so direct users there and close their new threads started on it.
- Issue a verbal warning to those who break the Site Rules (only extremely blatant/obvious cases, the less serious offenders you do not have to worry about)
PS3News.com Forum Moderator Perks:
- You will receive the Forum Moderator status title, or the ability to change it to what you wish.
- You will see the least amount of ads while browsing the site as appreciation for your assistance.
- You will be eligible to review new products or services for PS3News.com as they are available.
- If you have a product, service or site you'd like to promote here we will allow to you in the Forums with a Sticky thread.
Who can become a Forum Moderator here and what is the selection process?
- Anyone, however, we give preference to those who have contributed to the site in the form of quality (not quantity) Forum posts.
- New or old members, however, if given the choice between equally qualified older vs newer candidates we typically pick the one who has been here making quality posts longer.
If anyone is interested, simply reply to this thread expressing your interest as long as you can meet the responsibilities criteria outlined above. We are seeking to add at least (2) dedicated Forum Moderators but may add up to (5) qualified candidates.
Finally, our current Forum Moderation Team (alphabetically) includes:
- PS3 News
More PlayStation 3 News...
10-28-2012 #2Banned User
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
i'd be interested, but haven't really been here that long. I have no idea how to delete or move forum posts. (can learn) also i'd really rather not have to give out warnings, but from what i've seen its rarely really needed anyway.
to tell you the truth id not really want the moderator title either. i just want less adverts and perks of product previews lol
if i could just have the last 2 things i'd be happy.
Hehe a lot of it is done in the Infraction Area which is why you don't see it as we try to keep the public forums as clean and free of profanity, etc as possible. A good amount of users blow off steam there, then apologize and we reverse their infractions... the rest simply move on to another site to stir up trouble.
10-28-2012 #4Banned User
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
well that explains why i've not seen no colourful words slip in.
I would be interested as well in this as i have just become active in the scene again. I have a few ps3s i plan on downgrading once my flashers come in the mail.
I just need some guidance on which files to use and once if i can get it sorted i will have 4 consoles to test on all the new stuff on the scene and report back.
Moderation would be fun as I would be more active once these are flashed / any pm's are accepted.
I would like to apply, I think I could login everyday. (4:12am over here)
Also can you change my screen name pm me.
Hi i am a forum mod on PSX-Scene would love to help out here to Graphics artist also
I know i am new here but not new in the scene, as i know it from the very beginning the first dongle or psjailbreak came out Glad to be here
yea i'd be interested in helping as a moderator, I pretty much live on this site anyway.
But it would be nice to get more involved with the site & give something back to the community instead of just lurking on forums.