In addition to adding some Moderators soon, we are also considering adding Forum signatures to some of the UserGroups below:
PS3 News UserGroups:
- Registered User
- Jr. Member
- Sr. Member
Here are the areas we are seeking feedback on if we enable them:
1) Should they be only for Jr. Members or above classes? The reason this may be a good idea is to eliminate spammers from joining as Registered Users and then making BS posts to quickly abuse the signature privilege.
2) Should the signature field allow text only, text and links, or text, links and images?
3) What size (in height) of a signature field should we allow? Perhaps 50, 75, 100, 125 or 150 px (example below) in size? Any larger and it may be obtrusive/overkill I'm thinking...
4) Should we allow certain UserGroups (or even all UserGroups) to disable signatures in the User CP area if a person doesn't wish to view them?
And finally, the most important question:
5) If we enabled Forum signatures, would it encourage users (including yourself) to post more or less, or do you feel it would have little effect on Forum posting?
Our goal overall in enabling them would be to encourage users to post more frequently knowing that in each post their blog, favorite site, logo or even online business could be displayed under their posts.
The only hesitation would be if it was counterproductive and ended up being abused, so it would be GREAT to get some feedback from PS3 News members on this idea here!