Some new details about GTA: Chinatown Wars are available as follows:
EDGE Magazine interviewed Rockstar Games VP, Dan Houser on what to expect for this winter’s forthcoming GTA debut on Nintendo DS, Chinatown Wars. The interview revealed a few new snippets of information about the game.
• Pedestrians will act the same as they do in GTA IV. You can find them talking with each other, buying snacks and items at newsstands, and will even take out an umbrella when it’s raining.
• Characters on foot will look exaggerated "for the very simple reason of being able to inject them with character when viewed from above". Looking at some of the previously released screenshots, you’ll notice characters on foot are not in proportion (larger) to the environment around them (cars, etc).
• The game will feature an assisted driving system to help make driving a little forgiving.
• Wanted levels can be reduced by knocking police cars off the road, however destroying them will increase wanted levels. Alderney will not be featured in this version of Liberty City .
• Although the game is isometric, the y-axis will be taken into consideration, therefore weapons cannot be fired over a certain height. More PlayStation 3 News...