Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Rumor: EA to Takeover THQ, Shareholders to Benefit

Today a rumor has been making its rounds on the Internet that Electronic Arts, among several other companies, may be considering a takeover of THQ.

According to a THQ stockholder on Minyanville.com (linked above), he looks favorably on the potential acquisition.

To quote: "I usually ignore takeover rumors because 99.9% of the time, they're 100% false. However, I'm giving some credence to today's gossip - that video-game software publisher THQ (THQI) is being looked at as a target for media companies, including Electronic Arts (ERTS), Time Warner (TWX), and News Corp. (NWS). The stock is up sharply on heavy volume, and options-traders are busy scooping up calls.

As a THQ shareholder, I'm obviously biased in favor of a deal. But just take an objective look at the video-game industry landscape, and you'll see that the rumor-mongers just might be on the money, with EA playing the part of buyer."

More PlayStation 3 News...

I really hope not. This would suck big time if EA starts killing franchises and corrupting the rest.

I think the flagship of THQ will go down the toilet if this happens!

Goodbye 'Smackdown vs. Raw' you will be missed!