RockStar Social Club now open for Registration
The RockStar Social club is now open for registration. If you register before the 29th April you will be entered into a competition where you can win a portrait of yourself made by RockStar in the art-style of Grand Theft Auto.
Anyone will be able to sign up with their Xbox Gamertag and/or a PlayStation Network ID. The site will be launched along with GTA IV on April 29 and will feature all of the statistical leaderboards that gamers have come to expect, and combines them with performance-based competitions and awards.
To quote: Today, April 17th, we are pleased to announce that the Rockstar Social Club is now open for pre-registration. The Rockstar Social Club will be open for business upon the release of Grand Theft Auto IV April 29th. It will also extend the experience of forthcoming Rockstar Games titles.
More than just a standard gaming site, the Rockstar Social Club will combine incredibly detailed, diverse and sometimes amusing leaderboards and player statistics, and combine them with performance-based competitions and awards for players of all skill levels.
Pre-registration for the Rockstar Social Club is free for anyone, and players will be able to link it to their Xbox Live Gamertag and/or PlayStation Network ID. Grand Theft Auto IV, our premiere game on the Rockstar Social Club, will have some ground-breaking features beyond standard multiplayer leaderbaords, including:
* People who register for the Rockstar Games Social Club BEFORE April 29th 2008 will be rewarded by being automatically entered to win a special prize for true GTA fans: your portrait custom drawn by Rockstar Games' in house art team in the signature art style of Grand Theft Auto IV's illustrations.
* LCPD Police Blotter -- A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.
* The Story Gang -- This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic's main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.
* The 100% Club -- Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.
* The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.
* The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.
More PlayStation 3 News...