While we don't normally see a lot of PS2 homebrew news, today TnA reports that SP193 released his program PS2ESDL / PlayStation 2 External Storage Device Games Loader for PS2 consoles.
Download: PS2ESDL v0.800 OpenBeta
From the ReadMe file, to quote:
How to launch/use PS2ESDL:
- Install your games onto a USB disk (Prefably a hard disk) that was formatted with the FAT32 filesystem.
- Defragment your disk after you install your games. PS2ESDL assumes that your game files are contiguous. Therefore FILE FRAGMENTATION IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!
- Launch PS2ESDL in your favourite way.
- Plug in your USB disk that has your games on it.
- Start your game by pressing either the CIRCLE, CROSS or START buttons. Hold the necessry buttons/triggers to invoke the necessary cache size settings and compatibility modes as you do so.
About the patches.ppi file that comes with PS2ESDL: Put it in the same directory where you're launching the main PS2ESDL executable from (It's necessry for compatibility with Armored Core Nine Breaker)!
- PS2ESDL supports it's own game format, the new PS2ESDL version 1.10 format (Not v1.00!!).
- It also supports the traditional USBExtreme format.
- Your USB disk must be FAT32 formatted, defragmented and have NO bad sectors (Your image file(s) may be "fragmented" then!).
- There is no USB support in games (You will probably be able to run games that use USB devices, but the game won't be able to access them).
More PlayStation 3 News...