Here's "Pimp My Wii" a homebrew by Attila that will install the securities that are missing or outdated on your console.
A title can be one or the IOS version of your Wii. You can update your console securely so that the chain store to get all the benefits of Wii 4.1 without its drawbacks.
The homebrew is automatically displayed in French or English depending on the language of the console.
Warning: I can not be held responsible if you have no protection against the brig and you brick your Wii with this tool!
Correction of problems encountered
- Black screen loading games via DVD:
IOS missing -> Install the IOS (with patches)
- Request for update during insertion of games:
IOS old -> Update the IOS (with patches)
- The game changed (trucha signed) does not want to read on the chain drive with my chip:
IOS used by games with the trucha bug fixed -> Install New IOS by delivering bug
The IOS used by the system menu on the trucha bug fixed -> Install New IOS by delivering bug
- The preloader and other homebrew does not work:
The IOS36 has patched ES_Identify -> Install new IOS36 by submitting bug
- I have problems playing on my backup launcher:
Old CIOS installed (less than a rev14) -> Ask the user to update
- No menu SD, not the latest features:
Old version wii (like 3.2) -> Switch to 4.1 (but in any patching) for compatibility / functionality
- The chain store request an update:
Old version of the chain store (less than v16) -> Install the new version
- I have no IOS contains a flaw that trucha bug:
The homebrew gives the trucha bug in IOS15 in this case.
- I can not install Hackmii Installer, because I have a cIOSCorp:
You need an IOS unmodified 34 -> Installing the IOS.
Leave the default settings if you do not know what you are doing! A poor choice of hacks could make your system unstable.
Questions and answers:
- It works without internet? / I get errors when uploading, what do I do?
It works without Internet, place the wad files needed for the root of the SD card or USB key to FAT32 the root of the SD. Follow this tutorial to learn how to retrieve these files.
The IOS are necessary, in their latest version: 9,12,13,14,15,17,21,22,28,31,33,34,35,36,37,38,53, 55,56, 57,60,61
To update the menu system, you must file RVL-WiiSystemmenu-vX.wad, where X is 448 for the 4.1J, 449 to 4.1U, 450 to 4.1E, 454 to 4.1K.
For the chain store must RVL-Shopping-v16.wad
- I have a preloader, it's going to walk?
If you're not in 4.1 and that you accept the installation of 4.1, you must reinstall the preloader and hacks specific to this release. Follow this tutorial to install and reconfigure the hacks.
- I have a preloader and I "the file system is corrupted, what to do?
If you have a preloader, you have to patch "ES_Identify" on ios used by the latter. For Wii 4.0 and higher is the IOS60, IOS36 if it is. Leave the default settings if you do not know what you do.
- I have a custom theme, it will remain on my Wii?
If you change version of the Wii, you lose your topics and need to reinstall a theme compatible with the version you install.
- Should I put my console in 4.1? I thought he had to stay in 3.2?
If you use this program to put your console in 4.1, you have exactly the same benefits that a Wii 3.2 but you can also read the latest games and enjoy the enhancements that 4.1. You'll have no problem to do this update.
- Should I install all proposed IOS?
It is recommended to install the IOS which are listed as "not present" and the IOS 30, 34, 36 and 60 and should be installed with default settings. If you install at least these, you will avoid most problems.
- And other IOS, they are useless?
For other IOS, the patch can launch games "trucha signed" on a console equipped with a microchip.
- I have a message saying that my Custom IOS does not update, what to do?
Follow this tutorial to update your Custom IOS.