- Join Date
- Apr 2005
PCSX2 PlayStation 2 Emulator for PC BETA 720 Now Available
Krakatos has updated the PlayStation 2 Emulator for PC known as PCSX2 to BETA 720 today, and it includes the following changes:
Download: PCSX2 BETA 720 / PCSX2 BETA 720 Plug-Ins
- Improved block managers for EE/IOP recompilers. Basic asm optimizations combined with a technique of replacing NULL/invalid pointer checks with a direct link to a JIT dispatcher.
- IOP Fixes and Optimizations
- A couple of important VIF fixes
- Started some work on the pcsx2 emitter
- Usual opcodes fixes
- More recompiled opcodes added
- New EE rec "full" clamp mode, for a few picky games
- Usual code cleanups and reorganizations
- Usual speed optimizations (varies from game to game)
- Some EE interpreters fixes
- Added new, temporary gamefix for God of war and persona 3. If you have missing textures with this beta, you can try that.
- Major GUI API Cleanups
- Savestate version upgrade and stability fix
- New yuv2rgb decoder which is up to IPU spec (which differs slightly from MPEG spec). Improves color hue/saturation on many vids, and is a bit faster too.
- Many other small bugfixes and optimizations
Also included, gsdx, spu2-x and lilypad as of 9th of march 2009. Don't expect huge gains, as always.
More PlayStation 3 News...
03-09-2009 #2gtxboyracer Guest
Wow... didnt know there was a "real" ps2 emulator for PC
If they can emulated the EE on a PC, then theres so much hope that Sony have been working on the PS2 Emulator for PS3.
I know they are completely different architectures, but its Sony's baby, so they should know how to code for it well
03-09-2009 #3Warrorar Guest
yeah nice.. i still hope there comes the day when this emulator runs 100% perfect
nice to see that they still work hard on it.
go ahead guys nice work
03-09-2009 #4Starlight Guest
Might give this a go to see how it works as most don't run that good, but hey you never know..nice..
03-10-2009 #5vermonster Guest
How well does it really work?
Any feed back on how well this works?
03-15-2009 #6Ovan Guest
It seems to work better then the rest PS2 Emulators if that what you ask.
03-15-2009 #7Starlight Guest
Well it's not bad, but still has some lag and some frame rate slowness, but i am going to try some more games as i only tested 1 which was Darkwatch, but i had trouble getting my logitech controller to work on the emulator as this controller is set up just like a ps2 controller with shoulder buttons and all, they even have the vibrating model also.
Much cheaper to buy then the ps2 controller, but as long as it will work on this emulator would be nice.
04-04-2009 #8AIZeitgiest Guest
I've tried it and it seems to work pretty well but its hard to get to function correctly sometimes.
04-10-2009 #9Dooggy42 Guest
i guess we need a very powerful PC..