Hi guys! After reviewing the submissions from the last few months here most people tend to post directly in the PS3 Forums versus starting a thread in the 'Member News' area... and when posts are started in this section they generally do not receive many replies until they are mainpaged.
That said, we are considering removing the Member News area since we are now able to promote posts made directly in the PS3 Forums to the main page.
Does anyone have feedback on this before we move forward and remove the Member News area?
From an Administrative view here are my thoughts:
1) Few people even use this section, so removing it doesn't seem like it would be a giant loss.
2) Those who do use this section can still post their news in the PS3 Forums, and any that the Staff deem newsworthy will be promoted to the main page as always.
3) Removing it would mean the PS3 Forums would be on "top" versus scrolling past the Member News area all the time.
4) Although most of the posts are automatically flagged to the moderation queue, spammers tend to abuse/misuse this section more than any others so removing it would mean less daily cleanup.
5) We could replace the 'Submit News' button at the top of each page with something more useful to users, if you have any ideas feel free to share them below.
Thanks and I will +Rep all useful feedback!