PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Closed Thread

how transfer .dsk image in floppy disc

Hi,

I own Pantium IV PC and using Windows XP. I download a gpxe.dsk image file from net. I want to know how transfer this image file to floppy disc. I am a newbee please help.

thanks

.dsk is winimage format, so you might want to try winimage. Hope it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bittoo2000nk View Post
    Hi,

I own Pantium IV PC and using Windows XP. I download a gpxe.dsk image file from net. I want to know how transfer this image file to floppy disc. I am a newbee please help.

thanks
    Get Rawrite for Windows. Download that and unzip it. Run the .exe to open the Rawrite interface. From the "Write" tab, browse to the file (via the "..." button) and ensure your floppy drive is selected in the drop-down list.

From there hit "Write" and let 'er write the image to your disk. Then simply reboot, and voila, your disk should be working.

How to transfer a .dsk image to a floppy

If you want to write the data to an actual floppy you could also try SamDisk (http://simonowen.com/samdisk/) as long as you have a floppy drive that is connected to your motherboard directly (The SamDISK software requires access to the floppy drives controller chip, not something you can do with a USB drive)

If you just want to view the contents (or copy them out to a folder) you can use Disk Image Viewer (http://majorgeeks.com/Disk_Image_Viewer_d3534.html). It just works.