PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Some tweeking to previous designs, I was playing around with the cross shape to see what happens..
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

idea008.jpg   idea007.jpg   idea006.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by curiouskitten View Post
    Some other ideas, credit to OGroteKoning for using the satellite type figures
    Thanks curiouskitten for putting my idea into practice. I like the second one on post #199 the best.

Updated with your requested elements

Here is a new/updated version taking everything on board you have said.

I have given three options to give you an idea of colour variation.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

PS3news-Logo_5.jpg  

Option 3 looks kewl askin

I have now +Rep'd the new design ideas from both curiouskitten and askin!

As for feedback on them, curiouskitten the satellite dish concepts were cool although I think I still like the original gamepad logo better. Your latest attempt HERE comes closest to it, but in it the gamepad now looks slanted (not a big fan of that look) and still has the yellow around the lettering instead of like the older one you did HERE where I prefer.

askin: I agree with OGroteKoning that the third one looks the best... I suppose if I was striving for a "PS3 News Americana" look I would go for the red/white/blue ones though.

The font you used this time is better than the last also, but isn't as round (for example, look at the "N") as I am seeking... possibly because they are capital letters. I do recall the psgroove example used lower case letters, which may be why those appear more curvy... perhaps worth a try?

As I mentioned before, I will try to list some fonts I like here to help reduce the guesswork soon. If time permits perhaps in the next few hours I will do it, or if not later this week for sure. Thanks again guys!

Update: I attached a few fonts below, none are perfect but they are all round-ish looking, with the Abode one being the font used in the old psgroove logo... at least it will give people an idea of the font style I am leaning towards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Logo update using ABODE Font and example on home page

Hey Guys,

Here's a version using the adobe fonts. Not sure about the others this one world best.

Used some colour schemes and did a layout on the homepage for you to view it.

Let me know what you all think.

Cool.

PS3news-Logo_6.jpg   Logo_on-site.jpg  

I reckon the 3rd logo looks the best , good work.

Personally I like #2 best of this batch but I am wondering if the darker blue shade should be used instead of the light grey in it and also for the radio tower signals (vs the red, which I am not a fan of).

The tower definitely differs with this font (reminds me of "Big Ben" without a clock hehe) than previous ones... perhaps we need to find a font with a different "w" in it for a tower more like your original one I liked. Thanks as always for the design ideas though askin and +Rep!!

Logo Updates...

Here you go.

I like 3 personally but I tried it with another roundish font. If the font is too rounded it wouldn't fit in with the tower.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers

PS3news-Logo_7.jpg  

Yea, I see what you mean on the round font with the tower... I am going to spend some time hunting around for other types of fonts I like in hopes I can find one that will either work better with the tower idea or lead to a new design idea hopefully.

Thanks for the update as always askin and +Rep!

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11202122 ... LastLast