Game Rumor recently had the chance to talk with Mark Thompson, an engine programmer over at Epic Games. The full interview will be posted later but for now here are some new interesting multiplayer details we learned from our time over at Epic.
-COG and Locust will each have 12 character models (7 each in Gears 1)
-A new map announced, "Dusk" puts players in a smaller, Raven Down style map with locust/cog battles in the distance scenery.
- New flamethrower has a "fuel meter" instead of ammo clips like in other guns, and will jam if continually fired for an extended amount of time.
- Hammer of Dawn will have only 3 charges until it "burns out". A 4th charge is possible, but it will cause the weapon to explode killing the character and hopefully enemies close by.
- Subway's trains movement can be turned on / off with a switch. Described as being "the hardest aspect to program yet!"
- A new gametype "Wanted" pits 9 Locusts on 1 COG or 9 COG on 1 Locust. This modified version of Juggernaut has a clock for each player counting how long each player is the wanted. The wanted can only be killed with execution style rules.
- Boomshot has been modified to hold 3 ammo. Each individual rocket has been weakened, however, if you have 2 left with an active it will shoot them both out at the same time for a massive explosion.