BootMii Public BETA 1 for Nintendo Wii is Now Available!
Today the first public beta release of BootMii for the Nintendo Wii console is available.
BootMii is a set of software that can be installed on Nintendo Wii consoles to provide added functionality, safety and convenience.
HackMii Installer v0.1 is capable of installing:
- BootMii public beta 1
- The Homebrew Channel 1.0.2
Download: HackMii Installer v0.1
BootMii for Users: BootMii is a piece of software that can be installed as an IOS or inserted into the boot process. As an IOS, it provides a fast way to back up your Wii's internal NAND flash memory, and will eventually form the basis of a new generation of homebrew applications for the Wii.
Inserted into the boot process, BootMii provides you with a "safety net" - you can back up your entire Wii to SD in under three minutes! If you were to brick your Wii, BootMii would still run and let you restore your backup from SD, quickly and painlessly. BootMii also allows you to directly boot the Homebrew channel or other homebrew from SD, bypassing the "warning screen" and the rest of the menu.
Coders: You will have full access to both processors inside the Wii, and can inject code anywhere into the boot process. Want to write your own system menu? Stick it on your SD card and boot it.
BootMii is powered by USBGecko - as with the Homebrew Channel before it, you can upload code and run it via USBGecko. With BootMii, you can upload code to either processor a few seconds after poweron.
More PlayStation 3 News...
the next big homebrew release for the wii
thanks a lot team twiizers
Yea i can't wait till i get home to try it. first i have to uninstall the preloader.
Hey i not to sure about this but can anyone tell me after i uninstall the preloader which the safe way to do this is to reinstall the system menu
do the custom cios also get uninstalled with the preloader.
They must have changed it probably due to hotlinkers, as it worked from clicking the link when I first added it.
Anyway, I will replace the link with yours now
Change .elf to .dol
Well i finally got it installed on my PAL 3.2e i tried to install it as an elf but i had no luck i went through the elf dol converter only to come up with 0 byte file in the end i just renamed it to dol and bang it was loading before i new it.
Well anyways the 1st thing i done was back my WII's NAND up
Then i found a new usb loader that i thought needed the cios222 to run so i hunted down the file and ran it a couple of times well i didnt like that loader so i went back to USB Loader GX v10 (which i injected into the origanal wad channel i had found) official site (http://code.google.com/pucbloader-gui/) only to find it no longer worked since the cios change i tried reinstalling cios10 cios60 cios36 nothing worked i even reloaded system menu 290.I was a bit reluctant to run BOOTMII but then i just done it. BOOTMII ran through a simulation to verify that the back up was rite then i crossed my fingers and started the real restore it took around 5 minutes.
Well it reloaded everything back to the way it was (important note if you have made considrable progress in a game and have not backed your system up recently all games will return to origanal saves so save all your save files to sd card before restore if you can) BOOTMII will save a lot of WII's from DOOM (http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/)
BootMii beta 2 Released
News via hackmii & bootmii
Two weeks after beta 1 we bring you the first bugfix release: beta 2. Next to the usual metric ton of minor fixes and cleanups, here are the changes worth mentioning:
BootMii beta 2 (v0.9):
* SD card performance has been improved, decreasing the boot and the NAND backup / restore time
* backupmii accepts fragmented SD cards now, reformatting is not performed anymore. Old NAND dumps are still compatible.
* Introduced the INI variable “BOOTDELAY” to set the timeout for the auto boot feature
The Homebrew Channel v1.0.3:
* SDHC cards are working again
* SD performance has been increased again (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
* HBC works on all system menu versions now
* Fixed rare hangs when exiting HBC
* Switched back to IOS < 37. While the SDHC problem for apps using DVDX has been fixed in libogc, there were also problems with USB keyboards under higher IOS versions
* Installer now works on newer Wiis with boot2v4
* Fixed reading of boot1/2 on Wiis with bad ECC data in that area
* BootMii as boot2 and IOS can now be uninstalled
* Grab the new installer here. Don’t forget to read the README before running the installer.