05-10-2009 #1labonte Guest
Bannerbomb Alpha Build of the Wii Exploit Available for Testing
Go to the official site (linked above) if you would like to help test it.
To quote: Compatible (in theory) with 3.x-4.0
1. Get a SD card. If it has a private directory, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up.
2. Download aad1f_v102.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.
3. Get a DOL or ELF and put it on the SD as /boot.dol or /boot.elf.
4. Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load /boot.dol? or freeze.
5. If it pops up a dialog, then fill out the survey.
6. If it freezes, follow these diagnostics:
- Did you use the SD menu (4.0) or click Savedata instead of Channels? If so, then you're dumb.
- Otherwise, try a different version. The system menu is somewhat unpredictable; while most people should be able to use version I don't know yet, some might need another version.
More PlayStation 3 News...
05-10-2009 #2Rocky5 Guest
My god this worked put it on the sdcard put the homebrew channel stuff on and it installed my wii is version 3.4E
05-10-2009 #3PonySlaystation Guest
05-16-2009 #4labonte Guest
Bannerbomb Alpha 1 (v104) Released
Comex and his team have released BannerBomb Alpha 1 (v104)
* Can now boot 'boot.dol' or 'boot.elf' to support for the 'HackMii Installer'.
If you run into any issues whilst trying to run BannerBomb
05-17-2009 #5labonte Guest
Bannerbomb vAlpha 1 (v105) Released
Comex has released Bannerbomb Alpha 1 (v105) which allows the user to load a .dol or .elf file from an SD card, as well as being able to install the HBC on System Menu 4.0 via the BootMii Installer.
Bannerbomb is an exploit capable of launching homebrew from any version of the System Menu. It was created to replace the Twilight Hack, which does not work on System Menu 4.0.
The exploit works by using a malformed banner to crash the Wii and run code to load the boot.dol placed in the root of the SD card. It can be used to install the Homebrew Channel, DVDx and the BootMii public beta via the hackmii installer.
05-18-2009 #6labonte Guest
Bannerbomb Alpha 1 (v108) Released
Comex has released Bannerbomb Alpha 1 (v108)
* Attempted to prevent the freeze-after-a-minute bug (other than by disabling WC24).
05-20-2009 #7hplucky3 Guest
Both me and My friends had Virgin 4.0 us Wii's and this totally worked without a hitch. Can't believe all April we thought it was just a joke, then Bam HBC on our wii's.