Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... Last

Apple Prices iPad from $499, Critics Label it Simply a Giant iPod

Apple has unveiled the new iPad today, and priced it from $499 for an entry level model while a 64GB version will set you back $699.

However, many critics are already labeling it as simply a 'giant iPod' in initial media reports.

Below are the included features and an outline from Yahoo (linked above) of anticipated features that failed to materialize for Apple's iPad:

iPad Included Features:

- Safari
    - Mail
    - Photos
    - Video
    - YouTube
    - iPod
    - iTunes
    - App Store
    - iBooks
    - Maps
    - Notes
    - Calendar
    - Contacts
    - Home Screen
    - Spotlight Search

iPad Failed Features:

- No 3G support for Verizon
    - No jaw-droppingly new user interface
    - No built-in camera
    - No Flash support
    - No user-replaceable battery
    - No TV subscriptions
    - No iPhone software 4.0 announcement
    - No iPhone for Verizon

Is anyone here planning to pick up an iPad? Feel free to share your comments below!

More PlayStation 3 News...

imtoodvs Guest
    so... what is it?

its pretty my a king-size ipod, someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Spikey123 Guest
    The one reason why I don't buy Apple products is because of the no user replaceable battery in the other apple products. It does look like a jumbo Ipod touch. I don't own a Ipod even my MP3 player is my PSP

LordVox Guest
    It looks like it IS a jumbo ipod, but that is not really a bad thing. The ipod/iphone has been a huge hit, why not try to make it an e-reader, better web computer, or a superior netbook type device?

I have an ipod touch and a mac laptop, so I would not buy one of these, but it may be great for some people. I'm more disappointed that Apple is still wedded to AT&T in the U.S. and not Verizon compatible, as well as the fact that iPod and iPad have NO Adobe Flash support.

xerotyme Guest

Verizon iPhone...

Internal documents reveal the official launch date is July 2nd. It will be CDMA with LTE (long term evolution) forward compatibility as well as featuring a removable battery... So you may want to save some cash from your tax returns folks.

kakarotoks Guest
    lol, I've just watched the 1h30 keynote from Steve Jobs.. this is crazy.. I thought, ok, if it's less than 100$, then yes, otherwise, not worth it... but damn, it's so expensive..

It's not really a big ipod touch, more like a no-keyboard-with-touchscreen netbook...
    I think it would be cool to have.. but I'd probably never use it.. if only someone would donate it to me...

foresttree1 Guest
    all the hype for apples tablets pc and all we get is a oversized iphone. Well looks like this device will not revolutionize the e-book industry. I think i will stick with a laptop for now.

imtoodvs Guest
    i just found out it uses the iphone os, this would have been cool if it had osx. id rather have a jail broken ipod touch. a 64 gb touch is $400, so if you must have an ipad i guess $100 bucks more wont hurt so much.

Shrink Guest
    You pictured two differently sized iPads here. How can you distinguish them?

ultimateskillz Guest
    Another FAD released by apple..

Page 1 of 3 12 ... Last