May 2, 2010 // 7:34 pm
- This weekend comex
shared an untethered jailbreak dubbed Spirit for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch in both Windows and MAC versions.
Download: Spirit Jailbreak (Windows)
/ Spirit Jailbreak (MAC)
Although the site is currently inaccessible (likely due to heavy traffic), below are the relevant details:
• Spirit is an untethered
jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
• Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
• If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
â€¢ Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
â€¢ An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
â€¢ Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
â€¢ Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
Note: On iPad, all this is still sort of beta. Some packages in Cydia, not designed for iPad, might screw up your system and require you to restore. Be careful. (And no, Cydia's appearance is not final.)
• Troubleshooting: If you're getting error code c0000005, apparently setting compatibility mode to Windows 98 allows Spirit to work.
• Legal information
• If you liked this jailbreak, I greatly appreciate donations.
• Source code will be available after the inevitable update.
• For troubleshooting purposes, here is a little program
to read the syslog (which the spirit installer writes a bunch of stuff to). If you don't know what this means, don't bother.
• Thanks to BigBoss, chpwn, chronic, MuscleNerd, OPK, planetbeing, pod2g, posixninja, saurik, westbaer, and anyone else whose name I have forgotten, for various contributions.
• Plus, special thanks to everyone who donated to me in the past.