- Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) announced today the development of Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition for Sony PlayStation«2, by leading games developer Sidhe Interactive.
The game builds on the highly successful 2005 release of Rugby League 2, bringing updated and new content in time for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.
Press Release: "Rugby League 2 was a massive success and gamers had been asking for an updated version for a long time," said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES."By working with Sidhe to deliver a new version of the game, with updated features, and rosters, we're giving the fans what they want on the platform they want it most."
Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition includes a host of features and new updates for Rugby fans including:
- All New World Cup Mode
- Squad and Jersey updates for the 2008 NRL, Super League and World Cup International Teams
- Addition of new NRL franchise the Gold Coast Titans including player likenesses
- Stadia updates and five new stadia including Skilled Park (Gold Coast), Browne Park (Rockhampton, QLD), New Craven Park (UK), Twickenham Stoop (UK) and Stade Gilbert Brutus (France)
- New in-game cut scenes
- New Twilight NRL Grand Final Stadia
Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition is expected to be release for PS2 in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom in early November 2008.
Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) are a Sydney-based firm specialising in the distribution of video game consoles, games and accessories throughout the Australian market. Established in 1984, HES are the exclusive distributors of Mad Catz, Saitek and Tru Blu accessories and games in Australia, including 2003's record breaking NRL Rugby League for PS2, XBOX and PC. HES also has a video game publishing arm, Tru Blu Entertainment.
About Sidhe Interactive
Founded in 1997, Sidhe Interactive is an award-winning developer of console, handheld and PC games. The largest game production studio in New Zealand, Sidhe has a proven track record of creating high-quality, mass-market, licensed and original titles for a worldwide audience. The studio has produced more than 20 high-profile titles including GripShift (Xbox 360, PS3, PSP), Jackass the Game (PS2, PSP), and most recently Speed Racer (Wii, PS2), as well as multiple games based on the NRL Rugby League franchise. For more information on Sidhe Interactive, please visit: http://www.sidheinteractive.com
Note to media: Screenshots from the game are available for download at: http://www.rl2worldcupedition.com