July 4, 2010 // 9:43 pm
- Two new work-in-progress PSP iSO Loader applications arrived this holiday weekend, namely iLoader for PSP by ipsadtr
and Koens Loader R4 by jaja2u
for Sony's PSPgo console.
Download: iLoader BETA 1 Rev9 for PSP
/ Koens Loader R4 for PSPgo
iLoader is an opensource
BETA specifically designed to run with the Half Byte Loader
which currently works on any PSP that has Firmware 5.50, 5.55, 5.70, 6.00, 6.10, and 6.20 including on the PSP Go and also via HEN and PSP Custom Firmware.
Koens Loader is currently closed source in Alpha state, and PSP iSO files must be decrypted via CFW PSP and loaded in the unpacked format (not from an .iSO image) in order to run.
While few PSP games including Crystal Defenders are reported thus far to begin loading and then crash, work continues on both projects with the authors seeking help from those with C/C++ programming for the PSP.
Koens Loader Alpha Installation:
1. Download Patapon 2 DEMO
2. Download Patapon 2 Exploit
3. Download the latest Homebrew Loader
4. Download Koens ISO Loader in PSP/GAME "Koens Loader" --> ms0:/PSP/GAME/
5. Make a folder on the PSP root called kl --> "KL" --> ms0:/
6. Unpack "iso" on your PC with help of 7zip for example.
7. Move contents of unpacked "iso" (CSO's aren't supported yet) from your PC in the directory folder "KL", then rename it kl.iso
8. Remember: EBOOT.BIN in ms0:/kl/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/EBOOT.BIN must be "decrypted".
9. Load the PSP iSO Loader
10. Run the PSP iSO!
Koens Loader R4 Version:
Current State? KL currently doesn't load anything, as stated above, it is a huge work in progress.
1. Drag the "Koens Loader" directory into ms0:/PSP/GAME/
2. Drag the "kl" directory into memory stick root or ms0:/
3. Using an application like PSP UMDGen
, extract the contents of the ISO, and place them in ms0:/kl/
4. Run through HBL as a homebrew
Note: EBOOT.BIN in ms0:/kl/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/EBOOT.BIN must be first decrypted.