November 1, 2009 // 8:43 pm - Update: IGN has now done a Q&A with Kazunori Yamauchi where he also hints at the forthcoming GT5 track editor.

According to several sites this weekend, including E4G.info (linked above), Polyphony Digital has confirmed that a Track Editor will be included in the upcoming release of Gran Turismo 5 for Sony's PS3 console.

To quote: With the recent rumors and videos that have been going around about Gran Turismo 5 having a track editor, we decided to contact the developers to find out if it was true or not. Now, we have a official answer.

They were kind enough to give us a quick response and this is what a representative said:

"Yes it will have a track editor. You will be able to rebuild a track from scratch or edit the tracks that are already put in Gran Turismo 5."

Gran Turismo 5 PS3 Track Editor Confirmed by Polyphony Digital

#12 - VitalStatistic - October 5, 2010 // 9:39 pm
VitalStatistic's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by DoctorimiJ View Post
Import hometown via Google Maps... Now that would be sweet.

-Erich

Or import track data from other games, which can then be tweaked or improved. Lots of games have Bathurst already.

#11 - DoctorimiJ - November 2, 2009 // 9:25 pm
DoctorimiJ's Avatar
Import hometown via Google Maps... Now that would be sweet.

-Erich

#10 - hydro5135 - November 2, 2009 // 4:42 pm
hydro5135's Avatar
With the upcoming editor I'd like to build a salt flat.

#9 - otarumx - November 2, 2009 // 3:42 pm
otarumx's Avatar
I really hope that Polyphony and Sony allows users to upload their tracks in the LBP spirit of Create, Share, Play I bet we would see some really great tracks and it would extend gameplay making this the "ultmate driving simulator".

#8 - cyberbob - November 2, 2009 // 3:25 pm
cyberbob's Avatar
It could be very amazing. Making good tracks will of course take lot of time and making one with a dulashock!! a mouse will be better.

I hope we can share track on psn in order to have lots of new track.

I don't think it wiil be too much powerful because Sony will not sell DLC after that.

#7 - jonnyfalconetti - November 2, 2009 // 3:15 pm
jonnyfalconetti's Avatar
This will be a great feature i think.

#6 - tobio - November 2, 2009 // 11:26 am
tobio's Avatar
considering the beautiful tracks in GT5 prologue, GT4 and Forza etc, I can't see how a track editor would allow us to make courses that look more interesting than test tracks and speedways. I'd love to be wrong and set about making a course around my home town though.

#5 - parkerparker - November 2, 2009 // 5:26 am
parkerparker's Avatar
i can't wait for this...and its about time they put this in. crazy jumps and corners would be wicked. I wonder if this game will come in special edition? like a new steering wheel or something?

#4 - Rob777 - November 2, 2009 // 2:58 am
Rob777's Avatar
hopefully we can build tracks using certain corners from our favourite tracks already made, make our own drift tracks. And why don't we have Bathurst in the game, I would of thought it was internationally famous enough. Anyway this will rock

#3 - Zoddi - November 2, 2009 // 2:02 am
Zoddi's Avatar
I don't think it would be a complete track editor or perhaps it is what it says: a track editor! you can edit the integrated tracks and stretch some curves or something like that.