May 21, 2010 // 7:48 pm
- We've seen KillZone 3 PlayStation 3 logos
and target dates
in recent months, and today pictures from the latest GamePro Magazine have surfaced courtesy of Easyle
alongside new KillZone 3 PS3 details- including 3D effects and a game engine with the help of Naughty Dog!
To quote: Included in the article (while I'm reading) on KillZone 3:
• Will show the Helghast have humanity left in them.
• Will have the feeling that "of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you."
• Will be like Inglorious Basterds.
• All of the characters in the screenshots are flying in.. jetpacks?!
• Will include arctic levels.
• One mission in the game involves rescuing ISA Captain Narville.
• Game is playable in 3D!
• Have to wear 3D glasses, apparently the 3D effects are "crazy."
• Combat is "unchanged from predecessor."
• Or is it? Hand to hand combat involves you "Unloading a string of different (and often brutal) attacks on stunned enemies."
• The scale is supposed to be "bigger this time."
• The Jetpacks are "surprisingly lightweight and agile, Killzone 3's jetpack is easier to maneuver compared to the sluggish incarnations of the gadget found in other games."
• New weapon called the Wasp, basically shoots a "flurry of rockets" at an enemy.
• Will show off the Helgjast culture.
• There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game.
• Will have "diverse locales."
• Have to sit in the center of the 3D tv for the 3D effects to work.
• 3D in this game is called a "Game Changer."
• Going to have "Intense Action"
• Jetpacks double as a weapon, which basically means a machine gun mounted right on top of it.
• If you shoot Helghast with jetpacks, they'll "explode like roman candles"
• To control the jetpack, you "have to activate bursts of speed in midair, propelling yourself across further distances."
• The Jetpack resembles something you'd do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. Or Uncharted
• In one mission, you have to use the jetpack by "launching yourself from glacier to glacier"
• You'll see "a lot of" snow levels.
• Everything is more spread out in this game.
• The game looks very complete.
Anyone wishing to view the scans, go here