- PlayStation Home Community Manager TedTheDog
has outlined a rough overview of the coming weeks leading up to the launch of the PlayStation 3 Home Open Beta. Details are as follows:
To quote: Excited? Me too
Frustrated? Sorry, but not long now.
Here's a rough overview of the coming weeks:
1. The version 1.0 Patch Notes will be published in the closed beta forum so they know what to expect and to help plan testing.
2. A couple of days later Version 1.0 will be released into the Closed beta. That will not happen this week.
3. SCEE will be inviting a large number of extra testers into the closed beta to load test and that process will start within a day or so of v1.0 going live. We wont invite them all straight away, we'll ramp it up over a a period of time. We will be inviting non-English speaking testers for the first time.
Languages covered will be English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Please remember these are languages, not countries, so more than the immediately obvious countries will be included to a degree. The lists have been chosen already, dont try changing your language to get included!
4. Once we start inviting people in to the Closed Beta the public SCEE Home forums will become the Home beta test forums.
5. The date of Open Beta start will be announced in advance
6. Open Beta starts and that will be just as it implies, Open to all
There's more detail that I'll bring to you about bug reporting, forum changes etc closer to the time.
Finally, Home Open Beta is the start of a long journey, not the end of one. I know I've said this a lot recently but I see many of you are thinking of Home Open Beta like a game release in that you're expecting the final version to be launched with just some patches and maybe some DLC to come afterwards.
Home Beta is a service that will grow from the foundation of v1.0 over the coming months and years so thinking of it as a start rather than a finish will help you understand where its going and what its all about. We all appreciate you've been waiting a long time to be a part of this journey and we hope you enjoy it once your onboard with us.