September 17, 2010 // 5:58 pm
has now released an application called GetYourPlatinum v1.0
which will unlock all PS3 trophies with random timestamps (2010).
at NextGenUpdate.com (linked above) has shared how to Platinum Trophy any PS3 game instantly, and made available a guide and video below along with another from Sh1m3oN
to unlock PS3 Trophies
To quote: That's right, geezers. You can now platinum any PS3 game instantly!
• An exploited PS3 (JailBroken) on 3.41
• PC with Hex Editor Neo
• The PS3 FTP Manager
application by CJPC
• Filezilla (PC FTP Client)
I'm warning you right now. If you plan to sync your hacked trophies with this method, you may face a risk of getting banned by Sony. It's highly unlikely but it's possible. So, be warned!
A brief of how this hack works:
Inside the trophy collection section on your XMB, there are games represented by thier TROPUSR.DAT(s) respectively, where you can view the % of a game, what have you unlocked, etc. TROPUSR.DAT stores all of that information. Basically to get everything unlocked on a game, you will need to edit that game's TROPUSR.DAT.
Manually editting TROPUSR.DAT can take a while to get used to. But after learning where and which byte to change, you will be able to platinum a game in no time.
Modifying the TROPUSR.DAT file of Yakuza 3 will be part of this tutorial.
1) Launch the FTP service on PS3.
2) Open Filezilla on PC, connect and navigate to the folder where TROPUSR.DAT is stored. For example:
00000001 is my user ID.
NPWR01101_00 is the Yakuza 3 folder.
Inside the NPWR01101_00 folder, there will be a file which is called TROPUSR.DAT. Download that file to your PC.
3) Open TROPUSR.DAT with Hex Editor Neo.
4) Now, we need to figure out how many trophies does Yakuza 3 have:
5) Next, we need to add a byte that we have 45 trophies generally unlocked.
6) Now, we need to add FF and two zero bytes (meaning 100%) below the 45 byte that you have just inserted.
7) This is the final step. Now, you just need to unlock every trophy by adding 01 00 01 10 to every trophy ID's in the file.
To understand what I have exactly inserted, go to Tool in Hex Editor Neo -> File Comparison -> Compare Files. Put two TROPUSR.DAT (0% and 100%) in the dialogs and change the comparison method to 'Difference algorithm' and click Ok. Now, you will be able to see what I have edited. This will help you understand easier. Good luck!
And, oh, when you view a trophy info on XMB with the hacked TROPUSR.DAT, you will see something like 'Earned - '. That's because I didn't add timestamps. At the moment, I don't know how to add one... because I'm not 100% sure which bytes are responsible for that. Here's an example of some legit trophy I've unlocked:
I'll figure out how to add timestamps later if I can.