January 2, 2010 // 3:23 am
- What better way to start of this new year than with a real nice XeXDK Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) emulator dubbed SNES360 v0.21 for homebrew-enabled XBox 360 consoles!
Download: SNES360 v0.21 Super Nintendo Emulator for XBox 360
/ SNES360 v0.21 FreeBOOT Version
/ SNES360 / SNES9X Archive
To quote: Welcoming 2010: Year of 360 Homebrew with the first release of 2010 to start the year off with a BOOM! We're releasing: SNES360 V 0.21 Beta - Super Nintendo for XBox 360:
• Achievements (don't be dumb and use this on live, your console will be banned)
• XUI user interface
• SRAM save support linked to a user profile
• Filters : Simple2x, Scanlines, TV Mode, Super Eagle, Super 2xSAI, HQ2x
• Turbo Mode (Right Trigger)
• Aspect Ratio/Stretch Mode support
• SaveStates (currently 1 per rom)
This is an Xbox 360 Game On Demand Package. Unrar it and place it in HDD:/Content/0000000000000000/
Roms should be placed in the following: (sorry if you dont like the locations but there a reason for their locations)
GAME:/roms/ (dont have to worry about this one since its in the package)
The PreviewPath tag will specify where you want your Preview Images to be stored.
Default is hdd:/EMUS/SNES360/Preview/
Toggle through each device my pressing R-Shoulder in the Rom List.
Both sticks during game will pause the current rom and open up the In Game Options
Not Implemented (Yet)
• Input Button Mapping
• Favorites support
• Pixel Shaders to replace Software filters (speed)
• Cheat support
• IPS support
• Multiple ROM Folders
• Other misc stuff
This is still an early beta. It may crash in some spots. Most roms run at 60fps. Some slowdown occurs - this will be resolved in future builds as more PPC code optimizations are implemented. More of your favorite emulators/homebrew to come..no donations required...